Thursday, November 18, 2010

Roy Keane ütles ...


Manchester United hardman Roy Keane says the sale of Jaap Stam proves that "to football clubs, players are just expensive pieces of meat." It's not exactly the first time he's said something controversial though, is it..?

On the infamous United player chase of referee Andy D'Urso: "If he had stood still, we wouldn't have chased him."

On 'doing a Posh and Becks': "I like the respect you get for being a footballer, but the rest of it is a load of crap. You won't ever see me in the pages of OK! or Hello. Not unless I'm struggling for a few quid."

On his contract talks: "If it's not a contract I want then I won't sign it. But that's not a threat."

On Sir Alex Ferguson: "Jesus! When he loses a game of cards, it's as bad as losing a big league match."

On Old Trafford fans: "Away from home, our fans are fantastic, what I'd call the hard-core fans. But at home they have their few drinks and probably the prawn sandwiches but they don't realise what is going on out on the pitch. Some people come here and I don't think they can spell football never mind understand it."

On trying to clarify the above quote:"You see these fans getting into their seats 15 minutes into the second half. If you're going to watch a match, why don't you watch the whole bloody 90 minutes? I wasn't just having a go at the corporate fans before - it was all of them."

On his happy-go-lucky personality: "I'm moody and grumpy most of the time."

On his - ahem - competitive play: "There's no point going out there and being Mr Nice Guy. We get 55,000 at Old Trafford and I don't think they want fellas going out there and thinking: 'Ah, if we lose, so what?'

On philosophy: "A lot of the lads here have nice cars, but they're young and single and you can't take the money with you. I've never seen a coffin with pockets."

On where he gets it all from: "After we were knocked out of the FA Cup by West Ham, my own father Mossie would not talk to me when I rang home. He was so upset he didn't   come out of his room. It was like a death in the family.


On Haaland: 'I waited until five minutes from the end. I f****** hit him hard. I think the ball was there. "Take that you c*** - and don't ever stand over me again sneering about faking injuries - and tell your pal Wetherall (David) there's some for him as well!"

No comments: